Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Chicken & Dried Figs

Sometimes I like to be creative with my cooking adventures. Today I had some leftover dried figs that I really didn't care for by themselves so I decided to combine them into a meal.

- 6 Dried Figs (mushy not popcorn dry)
- 4 Chicken Thighs
- 1 med onion
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of honey

Dice the onions and figs. Sautee them into the coconut oil. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and honey. Take the chicken thighs and add them in, cover with the other ingredients.  Cover with lid and let cook for about 10 mins on med heat stirring occasionally.

This is quick and tastes great.

I served mine with olive oil vinegar couscous, tomato and cucumber salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment